We are a congregation that is active in many ways throughout our community.
Rev. Joshua Kang with dedicated volunteers are working hard to keep the church open and assisting with the online services. To any interested within our church or community, you can join us anytime for any of these activities, keeping in mind social distancing and masks:
- Saturday Service Taping: 11:00 for the webpage. You are welcome to attend, keeping rules in mind. Please note that Sat. Sept. 27th will be the last one held.
- Oct 4th 10:00 a.m. The Re-Opening of In-Person Sunday Worship: Communion with full service. All are welcome to attend. Face masks are required.
- Sept. 15th U.C.W.Restarts: NEW Time of 9:30 a.m. The United Church Women welcome all ladies to come as guests or join as a member. Always held on the 3rd Tues of the month.
- NEW: Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22 Experiencing the Blessing of Prayer: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30. This 4 week evening course explore prayer, and how to pray for your needs, especially God’s healing and blessing. RSVP at 250-442-3311.
- Wednesday – Weekly Bible Study & Lectionary Readings: 1:30 p.m. This is a look at and discussion for the upcoming Scripture readings. Please bring your own Bible if you have one.
- Sept 27th : Kootenay Faith Rest 2020: This will be an online live feed and will include the covenanting of our new minister Reverend Joshua Kang.
- The service begins at 10:00 a.m and the YouTube link to this live feed is:
With the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to remember some very important promises from the Lord:
The Lord has been with us, and He will help us to get through this:
“And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it”
(1 Corinthians 10: 13).
If you are unable to attend our Sunday morning service, join us on our YouTube channel so that we can all worship the Lord together as one body.
The YouTube link for our Sunday worship is “https://www.youtube.com/user/blessings2u/videoss”
Let us remember that the key to true worship that God accepts is not about physical location
but all about our sincere heart to God through the work of the Holy Spirit:
“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” (John 4: 23, 24).
For your offering, you can present it to the Lord during the offering time on the online service,
and then, give it to the church in your method: online giving-PAR is recommended
but if this doesn’t work for you, you could do the e-transfer to the church
email: email@example.com or
drop it off at the church office or
call someone to deliver your offering to the church.
Let us remember that your church needs your faithful and generous financial contributions
even during this new season to support our ongoing missions locally and globally and to pay the bills.
We are all encouraged to see this dark time as an opportunity to shine the light that you and I have in the Lord, God’s unconditional grace, to others around us in some practical ways to be the presence of Christ Jesus to them: “Dear children (children of God or disciples of Christ), let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth” (1John 3: 18).
Let us do not lose humour and love each other like Jesus but wash our hands like Pontius Pilate.
Rev. Joshua J. Kang
May God continue to bless us, keep us, shine His face upon us, and give us peace through Christ Jesus. Amen.